To adapt for growth as Covid-19 passes, agencies must develop their own unique customer experience. Step one is to prioritise what needs to change.
Even before the pandemic, the traditional agency business model was creaking at the seams. Clients had changed how they buy – and from whom – and many agencies were struggling to adapt.
Now Covid-19 has accelerated the need for meaningful change. Whether you’re rebuilding or capitalising on new demand, the urgency has risen sharply. And with many agencies undertaking M&A activity or fine tuning their senior teams, alignment has never been more important.
So with the right people and capabilities in place, how can you quickly create a bespoke roadmap for change?
Finding deeper differentiation
The goal is a return to sustainable growth. This increasingly relies on differentiation across your entire Customer Experience (CX). So whether that requires full reinvention or more nuanced optimisation, you need to define priority improvements across what you do, not just what you say.
That’s why Co:definery has partnered with creative leadership specialists Curve to develop the Agency Transformation Roadmap – a clear, actionable plan for business-wide change.
Creating your Transformation Roadmap
Taking your leadership team through a short series of immersive workshops, the process grades your collective aspirations and progress against seven pillars of agency Customer Experience:
- Strategy – e.g. differentiation, value proposition, internal buy-in, purpose, target audience
- Leadership – e.g. collaboration, innovation, togetherness, delegation, self care & team care, organisation
- People – e.g. DEI, talent attraction / development, performance management
- Commercial – e.g. profit clarity, financial KPIs, confident decision making
- Craft – e.g. quality standards, creative leadership, skills development
- Marketing – e.g. effectiveness, consistency, thought leadership, website, campaigns, upstream prospecting
- Sales – e.g. sales culture, share of wallet, client data, partnering, value-based selling, pricing innovation.
Keeping things structured and fast, we combine your views with our own experience and recommendations to create the following deliverables:
- Agreed strengths, weaknesses and blind spots
- Achievable priorities
- ranked for importance vs. urgency
- clear owners, actions and deadlines
- clarity on how success is defined.
Disagreements are resolved, everyone learns a lot and the actions are agreed in the room, so you’re ready to get moving straight away.
And where you need outside help to maximise momentum – and make change stick – then Co:definery and Curve design a bespoke programme of consulting, coaching and mentoring support.
“The Agency Transformation Roadmap process was incredibly useful for Engine, giving us a meaningful new focus and energy. By serving up independent, considered and rigorous insights, it sparked frank debate about our future strategy.
That impartiality helped us get elephants out of the corner, creating a space of openness and trust where everyone felt comfortable to reimagine or reinvent, without feeling protective of the status quo.
I would recommend it highly.”
Jim Moffatt, CEO Europe & Asia Pacific, Engine
Set your course for growth
To thrive as the global economy recovers from the pandemic, agencies must stand out in an uncertain and fast-moving competitive landscape. That requires decisive action now.
And because clients are demanding deeper, more demonstrable expertise, building a differentiated Customer Experience is essential.
So the Agency Transformation Roadmap defines your shortest course to sustainable growth and empowers you and your people to deliver lasting change.
The process creates a safe space to resolve difficult issues. And because you take those decisions together, the shared commitment makes everyone accountable for change.
From there you can accelerate growth with clarity and conviction.
Find out more by getting in touch.