Headspace is always in short supply, particularly when it comes to ramping up growth. So here are some ideas for real change, in double quick time.
It’s already new year, you’ve barely got back to work, the phone keeps bloody ringing and you’re still no nearer to having the headspace to think properly about new-business in 2017.
If only there was a handy list of suggestions that would quickly make a big difference, without months of navel gazing or costing a king’s ransom…
*ahem* oh, look!
- Firstly, stop reinventing the wheel – it’s rarely a lack of talent that costs agencies in newbiz, it’s a poorly defined model and the chaos that causes.
- If you’re hiring for newbiz, be very clear on the role – if you’re not, going nowhere for 6-12 months is only one of the risks; your credibility is also at stake.
- And make sure you actually stand-out – in the sea of sameness, clients are sick of agencies over-claiming and under-delivering. No excuses, get it sorted.
- So define your agency’s Customer Experience – if you know what you do and only express it in a few blogs and a white paper, then you’re missing a trick.
- And finally, don’t be hasty with the newbiz reset button – your current set-up might just need a little oil, not a trip to the scrapyard.
Having worked with a wide range of agency, consulting and technology businesses, from global networks and start-ups, to indies gearing up to sell, I’ve seen a lot of what works – and what doesn’t.
This perspective helps my clients win more new-business, with less effort, and have more fun doing it.
So if you think I might be able to help, why don’t we have a cheeky coffee?